Basic Mountain Environment Characteristics
- Aim: The aim of this course is to make individual soldiers, leaders, staff and commanders aware of the needed capabilities in Mountain Warfare. It is a help for commanders and sub-commanders to generate a fitting training program and a fitting unit/ sub unit or task element in order to achieve the demanded level in Mountain Warfare for a multinational mission in mountainous terrain and introduction to NATO MW COE Courses.
- Target group: Everybody interested in the subject of mountain warfare, including participants of the courses organized by NATO MW COE.
- Duration: 1 hour.
- Prepared by: NATO Mountain Warfare COE.
- NATO Standard ATrainP-6 (Edition A Version 1),
- AJP-3.2 Allied Joint Doctrine for Land Operations EdA V1 2016,
- AJP-3.2.1 Allied Land Tactics EdB V1 2018.
To join the course click here.
(path: CATEGORIES / CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE (COEs) / NATO MOUNTAIN WARFARE CENTRE of EXCELLENCE / EDUCATION AND TRAINING)