We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
The Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
- The Data Controller for data processed under this Notice is:
NATO Mountain Warfare Centre of Excellence
4275 Begunje na Gorenjskem
- Our Data Protection Officer is:
MWCOE Security Officer
(2) What information do we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
(b) Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our web page services (Lesson Learned Portal and all other services), email notifications and/or newsletters.
(c) Any other information that you choose to communicate with us by any means.
(3) Why do we need to collect and store personal data
In order for us to provide you with Web page services (Lesson Learned Portal and all other services) we need to collect your personal data for correspondence purposes and/or to allow us to provide you our service(s). We ensure that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose. We values users’ data protection and privacy rights and we have no interest in collecting any data beyond what we need to make our service(s) work for you.
We always process your personal data for specific purposes, with the nature of the data collected depending on your interaction with us. We are committed to transparency in this.
We may use your personal information to:
(a) Administer the website;
(b) Improve your browsing experience;
(c) Enable your use of the services available on the website;
(d) Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(e) Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
(j) Deal with enquirers and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
(4) Safeguarding and Securing the Data
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We maintain a register of personal data processes which include a record of the data retention policy for each type of data collected and we commit to only process the minimum amount of data needed.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
(5) Your rights as a Data Subject
At any point while we are in possession of your personal data or we process those, you, the Data Subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records;
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing;
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization;
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling;
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Moodle Pty Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the section named “Complaints” below.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both cookies on the website. We will use the cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and to: enable our website to recognize you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(a) To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
(e) To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(8) Policy amendments
(9) Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(11) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.